Charles Schneider Glass
BiographyBorn in the last quarter of the 19th century in Château-Thierry, near Paris, Charles Schneider moved with their family at a young age to Nancy, a major center of Art Nouveau design, particularly known for glass. In 1904, he enrolled at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts, in Paris. Charles Schneider died in 1952, and the factory eventually closed in 1981.
CareerThe Schneiders participated in the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Moderne in Paris. When the U.S. stock market crashed in 1929, demand was all but obliterated, and the company struggled to stay afloat throughout the 1930s. In 1950, Charles and his son set up a new factory called Cristalleries Schneider in Epinay-sur-Seine, which for several years produced free-blown glass vases, small sculptures and lighting fixtures to some acclaim.
Showing 1 to 9 of 9 (1 Pages)